FROM 1ST JANUARY 2020, ALL COMMERCIAL DOG WALKERS AND PEOPLE WHO RUN OUTDOOR FITNESS GROUPS WILL REQUIRE A PERMIT TO OPERATE ON THERFIELD HEATH. Please get in touch with us to arrange one if this affects you.
Drones: Please DO NOT fly drones anywhere over Therfield Heath – more
Dogs: Please ensure you always pick up any dog faeces left by your dog – no matter where it is on site. Please ensure your dog is always under control and is on a lead near sheep and the cafe.
Litter: Please do not leave litter anywhere on site. Please take your rubbish home with you.
Byelaws: Here is a brief summary of our byelaws:
- Do not obstruct or annoy other users
- No horse riding
- No erection of any structures
- No driving or parking on the Heath or Greens
- No bicycles or motorcycles
- No removing any plant or soil
- No hunting shooting or trapping. No intentional disturbance of any animal
- No fires or throwing of lighted matches, no BBQs, no fireworks
- No loud music
- No gliders or model aircraft
- No metal detectors
- No commercial activity
for more detail see the full Byelaws.
SSSI: There are also a list of operations requiring consent from Natural England in relation to the SSSI.