- Monday 06:15
- Tuesday 09:30 & 19:00
- Thursday 19:00
- Friday 09:30
- Saturday 08:00
- awaiting updates regarding taster sessions
In line with many other open spaces, we have decided that to help look after the site and regulate its use, we need to introduce a permit system.
There are many reasons why we have felt it necessary to introduce a permit, not least, pressure from members of the public and others who pay to use the site.
From January 2020, we will require all those using Therfield Heath for personal training or to run group fitness sessions to purchase a permit from us.
We are issuing permits to operators to ensure that:
- the site is protected – please remember that much of the site is a SSSI and under the rules set out by Natural England, we have to ensure that recreational activities do not damage features of interest
- access to and use of public open space is preserved for all visitors
- Heath visitors can benefit from, enjoy and engage in safe fitness training in a variety of outdoor environments
- fitness operators hold appropriate qualifications (based on industry best practice), and are fully insured and hold liability for participant’s safety